- 1301 Grand Ave. 1301 Grand Ave. Phoenix Arizona, 85007
- Listed in the National Register – Reference number 08001313
- OPEN TO PUBLIC:
Allan and Elaine Bragg purchased the vacant northwest comer of Grand Avenue and McKinley Street in 1945, which at the time possessed only a billboard erected in 1934. The couple had been involved in commercial pie baking in the Salt River Valley for a decade and the new site was a good fit for an expanding manufacturing business. When the Bragg's Pies Building opened in 1946, it was a state-of-the-art facility and quite an accomplishment for Allan and Elaine as the business began with ten pies baked in mother's kitchen one day in 1935. In the business’ early days at the Grand Avenue location, delivery trucks parked in the shade provided by the 1934 billboard, the long-term lease for which was honored under tenns of the purchase contract. The company ran 35 daily routes at the peak of operations, traveling as far as Tucson and Yuma. The building ceased to function as a commercial bakery in 1962.