Last updated: May 19, 2023
Historical/Interpretive Information/Exhibits, Picnic Table, Restroom, Wheelchair Accessible
Located on the Potomac River just south of Washington, D.C. Fort Hunt was originally a part of George Washington's Mount Vernon estate. The War Department purchased the land in 1892 as part of an ambitious, but short-lived, plan to modernize coastal defenses. In 1930, Congress authorized the land to be transferred into the new George Washington Memorial Parkway.
Picnickers may reserve sites through Recreation.gov .