Although its features have changed over time, this mini-golf course, built in 1931, is the oldest continuously-operated miniature golf course in the United States.
EAST POTOMAC'S MINIATURE GOLF COURSE
LISTED IN THE
NATIONAL REGISTER OF HISTORIC PLACES
AS PART OF THE EAST AND WEST POTOMAC PARKS HISTORIC DISTRICT
BY THE UNITED STATES DEPARTMENT OF THE INTERIOR
A black and white photograph below shows a woman in a white dress, heels, and a hat putting through a mini golf course hole featuring a White House and Capitol building. A man in a hat and long shirt stands at the opposite end of the hole. Text below reads:
Visitors enjoy the newly constructed Miniature Golf Course at East Potomac Park that opened in the spring of 1931. Renovated in 1949 and again in the 1960s in its original location, the course retains some of its 1931 layouts and features including the stone wall pictured above. In the background is the Field House, built in 1917-1920, as well as some of the city's oldest Japanese flowering cherry trees. East Potomac's Miniature Golf Course is one of the longest continuously operating miniature golf courses in the United States.