Last updated: May 17, 2022
Located in Yosemite Valley, picnic tables and grills are conveniently located at this scenic spot along the Merced River that offers views of El Capitan.
This picnic area is open from dawn to dusk.
Cathedral Beach Picnic Area is located on Southside Drive, a few miles east of Bridalveil Fall. This area is also accessible via the free Yosemite Valley Shuttle (stop #10).
Rules & Regulations
Picnic areas are available on a first-come, first-served basis (reservations are not available).
Hazards & Warnings
For your safety and that of wildlife:
- Keep your distance from animals, even if they approach you.
- Never feed wild animals.
- Dispose of trash in bear-proof trash cans or dumpsters.
- While enjoying your picnic, keep your food, trash, and other scented items within arm's reach.
- If a bear approaches, yell as loudly as possible to scare the bear away.
- Yosemite's water can be deceptively dangerous and unforgiving. Visitors are strongly urged to a safe distance from swift-moving or high water, especially in the spring.
The Cathedral Beach Picnic Area features accessible picnic tables with extended tops, accessible restrooms, and grills.