Quarriers: Past and Present
Many people have dedicated their lives and their labor to keep quarrying alive in this area. Their efforts constitute the heart of Pipestone National Monument and set it apart from many other NPS sites around the country. Learn more about the generations of men and women who have been the backbone of quarrying and carving in Pipestone.

Historical Figures
Before Pipestone National Monument became a National Park site, countless individuals have played a role in its historical and cultural landscape. American Indians engaged with the site for three thousand years before white explorers and settlers. Starting in the 1600's, American Indians, Europeans, and eventually white Americans began to meet, trade, and clash. Learn more about the men and women involved in this centuries-long story that has culminated into Pipestone National Monument today.

Last updated: December 18, 2018

Contact the Park

Mailing Address:

36 Reservation Ave
Pipestone, MN 56164


(507) 825-5464 x214

Contact Us