Permits & Reservations

Special Use Permits (SUP)

A special park use is defined as a short-term activity that takes place in a park area, and that:

  1. Provides a benefit to an individual, group or organization rather than the public at large;

  2. Requires written authorization and some degree of management control from the National Park Service (NPS) in order to protect park resources and the public interest;

  3. Is not prohibited by law or regulation;

  4. Is not initiated, sponsored, or conducted by the NPS;and is not managed under a concession contract, a recreation activity for which the NPS charges a fee, or a lease.

For more information regarding Special Use Permits or to determine if your activity requires one, please call 479-451-8122 ext 1221 or email the park with the subject line "Attn: Special Use Permits" at

Applications for permits should be submitted well in advance, preferably 8 weeks before the event, for consideration and processing.

Special Events


Commercial Film/Photography


First Amendment -
Assemblies And Distribution of Printed Matter

First Amendment activities will not interfere with other permitted demonstrations and special events, or park program activities. Demonstration groups of 25 or fewer people within the designated areas are exempt from filing for a first amendment permit unless outlined in 36 CFR 2.51 or 36 CFR 2.52.

Last updated: December 17, 2020

Contact the Park

Mailing Address:

15930 E Hwy 62
Garfield, AR 72732


479-451-8122 x1227

Contact Us