Survey of Historic Sites and Buildings
E. Other Sites Considered
In the process of selecting the comparatively few historic sites of such outstanding character as to merit recognition as Registered National Historic Landmarks for the phases of history treated in this volume, a great many throughout the Nation were carefully studied, compared, and evaluated. The sites described below were among those deemed by the Advisory Board to possess noteworthy historical value but not "exceptional value" (national significance) within the special Landmark criteria. Some of them, however, may satisfy the criteria for other volumes in this series. In addition to Landmark sites and those described below, many otherstoo numerous to listwere evaluated and judged to be of lesser importance.1. Dauphin Island, Ala.
2. Fort Conde (Fort Charlotte) Site, Ala.
3. Fort Louis de la Mobile (Fort Louis de la Louisiane) Site, Ala.
4. Fort Tombigbee Site, Ala.
5. Hano Pueblo, Ariz.
6. Tubac, Ariz.
7. John Law Colony (lost site), Ark.
8. Menard, Wallace, and Related Sites, Ark.
9. Angel Island, Calif.
10. Anza-Borrego Desert State Park, Calif.
11. Cajon Pass, Calif.
12. Dana Point, Calif.
13. De la Guerra Adobe, Calif.
14. Los Angeles Pueblo, Calif.
15. El Molino Viejo, Calif.
16. Placerita Canyon, Calif.
17. La Purisima Concepción Mission (Lompoc), Calif.
18. La Purisima Concepción Mission Site (Fort Yuma), Calif.
19. Rancho Guajome, Calif.
20. Rancho Los Alamos, Calif.
21. Rancho Los Cerritos, Calif.
22. Rancho Petaluma, Calif.
23. San Antonio de Padua Mission, Calif.
24. San Diego Pueblo (Old Town), Calif.
25. San Francisco Bay Discovery Site, Calif.
26. San Gabriel Arcangel Mission, Calif.
27. San Jose Pueblo Site, Calif.
28. San Juan Capistrano Mission, Calif.
29. San Luis Rey de Francia Mission, Calif.
30. Santa Barbara Presidio and Pueblo, Calif.
31. Sonoma Pueblo, Calif.
32. Trinidad Head, Calif.
33. Villa de Branciforte (Santa Cruz), Calif.
34. Yerba Buena Pueblo, Calif.
35. Buttolph-Williams House, Conn.
36. Henry Whitfield House, Conn.
37. Nehemiah Royce House, Conn.
38. Thomas Lee House, Conn.
39. Hendrickson House, Del.
40. McIntire House, Del.
41. Old Dutch House, Del.
42. Swedish Blockhouse, Del.
43. San Francisco de Oconee (Scott Miller Site), Fla.
44. San Marcos de Apalache (Fort St. Marks), Fla.
45. Santa Catalina de Guale Mission Site, Ga.
46. Spanish Mission Site, Ga.
47. Cahokia Courthouse, Ill.
48. Fort Kaskaskia State Park, Ill.
49. Fort Massac, Ill.
50. Pere Marquette State Park, Ill.
51. Vincennes, Ind.
52. Arkansas City Country Club Site, Kans.
53. Fanning Site, Kans.
54. Fort St. Jean Baptiste de Natchitoches Sites, La.
55. Fort St. Philip, La.
56. Longfellow-Evangeline State Park, La.
57. Presidio of Los Adaes Site, La.
58. St. Louis Cathedral, La.
59. Sang pour Sang Hill, La.
60. Norridgewock Site, Maine
61. Popham Colony Site (lost site), Maine
62. York Gaol, Maine
63. Cross Manor, Md.
64. Hill Farm, Md.
65. Holly Hill, Md.
66. House of Seven Gables, Mass.
67. Jethro Coffin House, Mass.
68. John Ward House, Mass.
69. Peter Tufts House, Mass.
70. Plymouth Rock, Mass.
71. Rebecca Nurse House, Mass.
72. William Harlow House, Mass.
73. Fort L'Huillier Site, Minn.
74. Fort St. Charles Site, Minn.
75. Davion's Bluff (Loftus Heights), Miss.
76. Fort Rosalie (Fort Panmure) Site, Miss.
77. Old Spanish Fort, Miss.
78. Richard Jackson House, N.H.
79. William Dam Garrison House, N.H.
80. Nothnagle House, N.J.
81. Swedish Log Cabin, N.J.
82. Trinity Episcopal (Old Swedes) Church, N.J.
83. Zabriskie-Von Steuben House, N.J.
84. Coronado State Monument, N. Mex.
85. San Felipe de Neri Church, N. Mex.
86. San Jose de Giusewa Mission, N. Mex.
87. San Juan Pueblo, N. Mex.
88. Billou-Stilwell Perine House, N.Y.
89. Bowne House, N.Y.
90. Brett-Teller House, N.Y.
91. Caughnawaga Site, N.Y.
92. Dyckman House, N.Y.
93. Fort Ste. Marie de Gannentatha N.Y.
94. Lefferts Homestead, N.Y.
95. National Shrine of North American Martyrs, N.Y.
96. Nichols Pond Site, N.Y.
97. Old Stone Fort, N.Y.
98. Pieter Bronck House, N.Y.
99. Pieter Wyckoff Homestead, N.Y.
100. Senate House, N.Y.
101. Van Alen House, N.Y.
102. Grand Assembly of the Albemarle (lost site), N.C.
103. Cape Meares, Oreg.
104. Caleb Pusey House, Pa.
105. Fort Le Boeuf, Pa.
106. Fort Presque Isle Site, Pa.
107. Lower Swedish Cabin, Pa.
108. Pennsbury Manor, Pa.
109. Swedish Cabin (Morton Homestead), Pa.
110. Eleazar Arnold House, R.I.
111. Great Swamp Fight Site (lost site), R.I.
112. Albemarle Point (Old Town), S.C.
113. Medway Plantation, S.C.
114. Middleburg Plantation, S.C.
115. Parris Island, S.C.
116. La Verendrye Site, S. Dak.
117. Fort Assumption. Site, Tenn.
118. Fort Loudoun, Tenn.
119. Fort Prudhomme Site, Tenn.
120. Fort St. Louis Site, Tex.
121. La Bahía (Goliad), Tex.
122. San Antonio, Tex.
123. San Francisco de los Tejas Mission (lost site), Tex.
124. San Saba Mission and San Luis Presidio, Tex.
125. Spanish Fort Site, Tex.
126. Chimney Point, Vt.
127. Fort Ste. Anne Site, Vt.
128. Belle Air, Va.
129. Bladensfield Estate, Va.
130. Fort Monroe, Va.
131. Grace Church, Va.
132. Henricus (Hennicopolis) Site, Va.
133. Hill Farm, Va.
134. Keeling House, Va.
135. Merchant's Hope Church, Va.
136. Old Mansion, Va.
137. Rosegill Estate, Va.
138. Sheild House, Va.
139. Smith's Font Plantation Site (Rolfe House), Va.
140. Discovery Bay, Wash.
141. Neah Bay, Wash.
142. Point Grenville, Wash.
143. Green Bay, Wis.
144. Prairie du Chien, Wis.
145. Roi-Porlier-Tank Cottage, Wis.
146. Fort San Gerónimo, P.R.
Last Updated: 22-Mar-2005