Denver Service Center (DSC) strongly supports the socioeconomic program goals of both the National Park Service (NPS) and Department of the Interior (DOI). A full-time Small Business Specialist (SBS) assists acquisition project teams on the socioeconomic screening process and continuing throughout the lifecycle of a project. The SBS also provides counseling and outreach services for companies seeking business opportunities with DSC. We hold two annual mini trade fairs at DSC to give small business opportunity to interact with project and acquisition staff.
Our SBS provides one-on-one counseling sessions on Tuesdays and Thursdays (by appointment) and will guide you in the process of doing business with the federal government in general and specifics about DSC. You will be informed of upcoming networking opportunities as well as given contacts for other small business specialists and large prime contractors through the latest Marketing Directory of Federal and Prime Contractors in Colorado.
DSC uses an informal “sources sought” notice to conduct market research. E-mails are sent to small businesses who have expressed interest in federal contracting. This office uses the Small Business Administration's (SBA) Dynamic Small Business Search (DSBS) to locate such businesses. The DSBS website generates search results from data available from System for Award Management (SAM). Please ensure your SAM profile is current.
2019 Small Business Workshop Tools
- What Makes Successful Project Performance from the Project Manager (PM) Perspective (pdf)
- GAO Decision - Herman Construction Group, Required Geographic Restriction Under 8(a) Set-Aside (pdf)
- Federal Register Updates - Small Business Size Standards: Revised Size Standards Methodology
- 2019 Small Business Fair Presentation (pdf)
- Small Business Administration (SBA)
- SDVets and Veterans register at Department of Veterans Affairs & Veterans Corporation
- Searchable Federal Aquisition Regulations (FAR) and Agency FAR supplements
- Colorado Association for Manufacturing and Technology
- For extended assistance in contracting, visit the Minority Business Development Agency (MBDA)
- Federal Procurement Policy - If you intend to contract with the Federal Government, stay involved in Senate and House procurement policy issues.
Last updated: April 25, 2019