The Denver Service Center (DSC) Transportation Division provides project management and support services for transportation projects within the national park system. We act as liaisons between the Federal Highway Administration and parks to identify issues, develop recommendations, and ensure that park resources are protected.
We provide project support to the Park Roads and Parkways Program, the Alternative Transportation Program, Transportation Planning, and provide technical expertise in the areas of landscape architecture, revegetation, cultural and natural resource compliance, and construction.
Over the past year, division staff worked on 260 projects in various stages of development. Of that total, approximately $44.3 million was contracted and delivered directly by the Denver Service Center. A significant amount of work, comprising 181 projects, was accomplished in partnership with the Federal Highway Administration.
With an understanding of the national transportation context and grounded in the NPS mission, our teams of dedicated and diverse professionals collaborate with parks and partners to deliver innovative transportation solutions that address the dynamic and complex challenges facing the NPS.
- Federal Lands Highway Program (FLHP)
- Natural Resources Conservation Service (NRCS)
- NPS Transportation
- Sustainable Trails
- INSTEP Sustainability
- Transportation Planning Reports & Studies include a range of topics such as:
- alternative fuels studies
- alternative transportation systems & analysis
- corridor charettes
- data and visitor protection analysis
- implementation plans and environmental assessments
- multi-modal systems
- park and ride facilities
- regional transportation studies
- schematic design reports
- transit support facilities
- wayfinding & signage
Last updated: April 27, 2021