The DSC Transportation Division provides project management and support services for transportation projects within the national park system. We act as liaisons between the Federal Highway Administration and parks to identify issues, develop recommendations, and ensure that park resources are protected.
We provide project support to the Park Roads and Parkways Program, the Alternative Transportation Program, Transportation Planning, and provide technical expertise in the areas of landscape architecture, revegetation, cultural and natural resource compliance, and construction.
In fiscal year 2016, division staff worked on 284 projects that are in various stages of development, valued at more than $220 million, the majority funded through the NPS Federal Lands Transportation Program. Of that total, approximately $25.8 million was delivered directly by the Denver Service Center.
With an understanding of the national transportation context and grounded in the NPS mission, our teams of dedicated and diverse professionals collaborate with parks and partners to deliver innovative transportation solutions that address the dynamic and complex challenges facing the NPS.
- Federal Lands Highway Program (FLHP)
- Natural Resources Conservation Service (NRCS)
- NPS Transportation
- Sustainable Trails
- INSTEP Sustainability
- Transportation Planning Reports & Studies include a range of topics such as:
- alternative fuels studies
- alternative transportation systems & analysis
- corridor charettes
- data and visitor protection analysis
- implementation plans and environmental assessments
- multi-modal systems
- park and ride facilities
- regional transportation studies
- schematic design reports
- transit support facilities
- wayfinding & signage