We help people across the country connect with sacred trail stories important to America’s heritage.
When called upon to help partners with a trail or route site, we:
- Provide free interdisciplinary expert services (technical assistance)
- Guide projects from start to completion
- Promote and demonstrate best practices in trail administration, preservation, interpretation, planning, and development
- Help partners build their capacity to conduct trail projects
- Conduct feasibility studies for potential new national historic trails at the bequest of Congress
- Teach and enable partners to share trail, route, and NPS messages with the general public