The Alaska Regional Office’s Cultural Resources team helps to preserve and share the stories of people and places across Alaska, within the boundaries of national parks and beyond, by partnering with parks, Tribes, universities, community groups, government agencies, Alaska Native Corporations, and nonprofit organizations.
We can help:
- Provide information about a variety of National Park Service grants
- Document oral history and cultural traditions
- Nominate properties for the National Register of Historic Places
- Participate in and/or conduct surveys of archaeological sites and cultural landscapes
- Suggest treatment for objects in museum collections
- Document, rehabilitate, and restore historic structures
- Provide training and guidance with Section 106 of the National Historic Preservation Act
Contact us to find out how our team can help you protect and preserve your important cultural resources.