Park entrance fees may be waived for school group visits when class curriculum relates to park resources.
To obtain the waiver, please fax a written request to the Fee Program Office at (360) 565-3093.
The request should:
- be on school letterhead
- request an educational fee waiver of entrance fees
- describe the curriculum as it relates to the park visit (one or two sentences)
- list the trip date(s) and approximate number of participants in the group(s).
If a fax is not available, mail the request to: Olympic National Park Fee Program Office, 600 East, Park Ave., Port Angeles, WA 98362.
Please note that an educational fee waiver is not necessary if:
- the students are under age 16;
- all other passengers are employed or volunteering for the school; AND
- the transportation vehicles are owned by the school district.
Entrance fees do not apply when these conditions exist.
Entrance fee waivers do not waive wilderness camping fees or commercial permit fees.
Please call (360) 565-3090 with any questions about the park’s fee program.