40) Gesu Church
Built on land donated by Henry J. Flagler, the church was constructed in 1922 on the site of an older wooden church with money donated by the Smith brothers of Smith Brothers Cough Syrup. The church is designed in the Venetian style with Spanish influences. The main part of the church rises to four stories with a belfry and a large stained glass Rose window above the main entrance. The interior has sixteen additional stained glass windows, large painted murals and intricately carved marble altar screens and railings. Gesu Church, an active parish church, is in the heart of downtown Miami and has served the community for more than seventy years.
Gesu Church is located at 188 N.E. First Street, 3-4 blocks west of Bay Front Park.