Meeting Our Goals for Monocacy National Battlefield
Our mission at Monocacy National Battlefield is to preserve and protect the landscape, historic structures, archeological sites and monuments that contribute to the national significance of the Battle of Monocacy; to commemorate the Battle of Monocacy; and to provide opportunities for visitors to understand and appreciate the significance of the Battle of Monocacy within the full context of the Civil War and American history.
In order to fulfill this mission, we have developed a set of priorities for ensuring that the cultural and natural landscapes are preserved for today's visitors as well as future generations. We are committed to:
- Providing a full range of interpretive and educational programs to enhance public understanding and appreciation of the Battle of Monocacy;
- Stabilizing, preserving, protecting, and maintaining cultural resources, including historic structures, landscapes, archeological sites, and monuments, that contribute to the significance of the national battlefield;
- Managing, monitoring, and protecting natural resources to encourage biological diversity and avoid adverse impacts on the regional ecology, while protecting the quality and character of the national battlefield's cultural landscape;
- Providing a safe and accessible environment for visitors and employees; and
- Maintaining and expanding partnerships to increase opportunities for learning about the Battle of Monocacy.