1778: Samuel Whitney sold the house lot, which then included .75 acres, to Daniel Taylor, a Concord yeoman.Taylor held the property for only two months, selling in turn to Daniel Hoar, Sr., farmer.
1814: Daniel Hoar, Sr. died;his son Daniel, Jr., a wheelwright and blacksmith, inherited the property.
1823: Daniel Hoar, Jr. drowned.The Hoar family retained ownership until 1827.
1827: Heirs of Daniel Hoar, Jr. sold the then one-acre property to Darius Meriam, a Concord wheelwright.
1832: Horatio Cogswell, also a wheelwright, purchased the property from Darius Meriam.
1844: Horatio Cogswell, then a builder living in Boston, sold the one-acre parcel which included the house, as well as an eight-acre parcel (known today as "Emerson Field") to Washington C. Allen, a yeoman.