Little River Canyon National Preserve in cooperation with Alabama Department of Conservation and Natural Resources, Division of Wildlife and Freshwater Fisheries manages the Backcountry Area (Little River Wildlife Management Area - Cherokee and DeKalb Counties) for hunting.
Hunting License and Permit Required for the Little River Wildlife Management Area.
1. Hunting License - Available at any local license agent.
2. Management Area License - Available at any local license agent.
3. Management Area Permit - Free, available at the Little River Canyon Headquarter's office or the Check Station (located at Cherokee County Road 103, one-half mile from the intersection with Highway 35). Also available at most local license agents. The permit can be downloaded at www.outdooralabama.com.
4. Gun Deer Hunts Permit (Draw Hunts) - Free, available only on the day of the hunt at the Hunters Check Station (located at Cherokee County Road 103, one-half mile from the intersection with Highway 35). The station will open no later than 5:00 a.m.
5. Game Check is a Game Harvest App that can now be used to record data. Game Check requires that all hunters, regardless of age or license requirements, report deer and turkey harvests within 48 hours of the harvest.
For more information, contact Alabama Department of Conservation, Divison of Fish and Game at:
(256) 435-5422 Jacksonville, AL