Jacksonville State University Little River Canyon Center
4322 Little River Canyon Trail NE, Fort Payne, AL 35967
Open Tuesday through Saturday from 10:00 AM to 4:00 PM (CST)
For infomation on Little River Canyon National Preserve, visit the Little River Canyon Center, which is owned and operated by the Jacksonville State University. The front desk is staffed by National Park Service staff, Volunteers, and Jacksonville State University staff.
Gift Shop is owned and operated by Jacksonville State University Field School and is open Tuesdays through Saturdays 10:00 AM - 4:00 PM (CST)
Scenic Drive, Overlooks, Waterfalls, Trails, and Backcountry Area
Open Daily from Sunrise to Sunset
Visitors are treated to stunning overlooks and beautiful waterfalls along the Little River Canyon Rim Parkway (County Road 176), trails down into the canyon to river and waterfall access, and 23 miles of unpaved backcountry roads.
Canyon Mouth Park Day-Use Area (current hours are in bold print)
Spring Hours - Open Daily from 8:00 AM to 6:00 PM (Central time)
Summer Hours - Open Daily from 8:00 AM to 7:00 PM (Central time) - begins May 8, 2021
Fall Hours - Open Daily from 8:00 AM to 6:00 PM (Central times)
Winter Hours - Open Daily from 8:00 AM to 5:00 PM (Central time)
$15 day-use pass fee per vehicle
$35 annual pass available
* Fee machine accepts CASH and CARD ONLY (no checks) - No bills larger than a $20 - exact change is strongly recommended
* Fee machine also accepts all America the Beautiful Passes and Little River Canyon National Preserve Day and Annual passes.
This is a wonderful place to bring the family for a day of outdoor fun. Canyon Mouth Park features:
- a paved parking area
- a pavilion (available for reservation)
- several picnic tables and grills
- river access
- soccer field
- an easy 1-mile hike along the river
Canyon Mouth Park closes promptly at the posted closing time - vehicles within the gates after hours are subject to being ticketed and/or towed.
Little River Canyon National Preserve Business Office
Monday through Friday from 8:00 AM to 4:00 PM
The business office for Little River Canyon National Preserve is leased from Jacksonville State University. The business office will be closed for the following 2021 holidays:
- January 18 - Martin Luther King Jr. Day
- April 17 - Start of National Park Week
- August 4 - Great American Outdoors Act Signing Day
- August 25 - National Park Service Anniversary
- September 25 - National Public Lands Day
- November 11 - Veterans Day
The Preserve will remain open to Visitors during daylight hours during Holidays.