FEE AREA $3 per vehicle
Welcome. This is a wonderful place to bring the family for a day of outdoor fun.The popular Canyon Mouth Picnic Area has a paved parking area. A pavilion offers several picnic tables and restrooms. This area has easy access to the water. There is just a short walk from the parking area to the river. The trail is an easy 1-mile hike along the river. Many picnic tables and grills are available in shaded areas. Kayakers also use Canyon Mouth as their takeout on the final run of Little River.
Canyon Mouth Picnic Area is located off Alabama Highway 273 in Cedar Bluff, Alabama. Alabama Highway 273 is located between Highway 35 and Alabama Highway 68.
Turn off Alabama Highway 273 onto County Road 275, stay to the right, follow to the gate, stop at the fee booth. This is a day-use area.
- Hours 9AM - 5PM CST daily. Beginning on March 12, 2017 new hours will be 9AM -6PM CST
- The gate will be locked at closing and any remaining vehicles may be ticketed and/or towed.
- There is a $3 user fee per vehicle.
- Canyon Mouth Picnic Area Annual passes are available for $10.
- Canyon Mouth Picnic Area Annual passes are purchased/valid per calendar year (January 1 - December 31).
- Canyon Mouth Picnic Area Annual passes can be obtained in person at park headquarters or by mail. Mail your name, correct return address, and a check for $10 made out to National Park Service to: Little River Canyon National Preserve, 4322 Little River Trail NE, Suite 100, Fort Payne, AL 35967.
- The automated gate will only accept quarters, one dollar ($1) bills or five dollar ($5) bills.
National Park Passes
National Park Passes are honored at this location only when staff is available to man the fee station booth (mid May - August). The machine is not capable of accepting the National Park Passes; it will only accept the Canyon Mouth Picnic Area Park Pass (see information above) or cash.
- Your pets are welcome as long as you keep them on a leash.
- Camping is not allowed in the park.
- Barbecue grills and picnic tables
- Water fountain (shut off during winter)
- Foot wash station (shut off during winter)
- We do not reserve any picnic tables or the pavilion.
- Trail (1- mile long)
- Recycle Containers (recycle your cans and plastic bottles)
All animals and plants are protected within the park boundaries. Anyone found harming or harassing wildlife, collecting plants, leaves, or rocks are subject to a fine.
Snakes are sometimes found sunning on the rocks. Please leave them alone.
Special uses such as baptisms, weddings, etc. must obtain a Special Use Permit from park headquarters at least 10 days in advance. Little River Canyon National Preserve, 4322 Little River Trail NE, Fort Payne, AL 35967. (256) 845-9605. Fees may apply.