It is the policy of the National Park Service to allow filming, photography, or special events when it is consistent with the protection and public enjoyment of park resources. Here at Klondike-Seattle, there are two general types of permits that cover a variety of needs: Special Use Permit and Film & Photography Permit. Please contact the Visitor Center to learn more about the application process and requirements.

Special Use Permits
A Special Use Permit is required for activities that provide a benefit to an individual, group, or organization, rather than the public at large and for activities that require some degree of management by the National Park Service in order to protect park resources and the public interest.

Film & Photography Permits

All commercial filming requires a permit. Commercial filming is defined as digital or film recording of a visual image or sound recording by a person, business, or other entity for a market audience, such as for a documentary, television or feature film, advertisement, or similar project. It does not include coverage of breaking news or visitor filming for private use.

Please contact us with questions about filming or other special permits.

Last updated: July 18, 2018

Park footer

Contact Info

Mailing Address:

319 Second Ave S.
Seattle , WA 98104


206 220-4240

Contact Us


Stay Connected