* Denotes books sold at Jamestown Visitor Center Museum Store. For additional information on these or other items offered by the Visitor Center Museum Store or to order a book call (757) 229-9973.
Barbour, Philip AL. ed. The Complete Works of Captain John Smith (1580-1631). Chapel Hill: The University of North Carolina Press, 1986.
... The Jamestown Voyages Under the First Charter, 1606-1609. 2 voles. Cambridge: University Press, 1969. Out of Print. Check your local library for a copy.
... Pocahontas and Her World. Boston: Houghton Mifflin Company, 1969. Out of Print. Check your local library for a copy.
...The Three Worlds of Captain John Smith. Boston: Houghton Mifflin Company, 1964. Out of Print. Check your local library for a copy.
*Billings, Warren M. Jamestown and the Founding of the Nation. Gettysburg: Thomas Publications, 1991.
* ... The Old Dominion in the Seventeenth Century: A Documentary History of Virginia, 1606-1689. Chapel Hill: The University of North Carolina Press, 1975.
*Cotter, John AL. Archeological Excavations at Jamestown. Washington, D.C.: U.S. Government Printing Office, 1957.
Craven, Wesley Frank. The Virginia Company of London, 1606-1624. No. 5. Charlottesville: University Press of Virginia, 1957. Out of Print - Check your local library for a copy.
*Egloff, Keith and Woodward, Deborah. First People: The Early Indians of Virginia. Richmond: Virginia Department of Historic Resources, 1992.
*Haile, Edward Wright. Jamestown Narratives: Eyewitness Accounts of the Virginia Colony - The First Decade 1607-1617. Champlain, Virginia: RoundHouse, 1998.
*Hatch, Charles E. Jr. The First Seventeen Years: Virginia 1607-1624. Charlottesville: The University Press of Virginia, 1957.
*Haskett, James N. Colonial National Historical Park: The Story Behind the Scenery. Las Vegas, NV: KC Publications, 1990.
Jamestown-Williamsburg-Yorktown Celebration Commission. The 350th Anniversary of Jamestown 1607-1957. Washington, D.C.: U.S. Government Printing Office, 1958.
*Kelso, William M. Jamestown Rediscovery II:. Jamestown: Association for the Preservation of Virginia Antiquities, 1996.
* ... Jamestown Rediscovery 1994-2004:Jamestown: Association for the Preservation of Virginia Antiquities, 2004.
*Kupperman, Karen O. ed. Captain John Smith: A Select Edition Of His Writings. Chapel Hill: University of North Carolina Press, 1988.
Lindgren, James M. Preserving the Old Dominion: Historic Preservation and Virginia Traditionalism. Charlottesville: University Press of Virginia, 1993.
Mapp, Alf J. Jr. The Virginia Experiment: The Old Dominion's Role in the Making of America 1607-1781. iUniverse: 4th Edition, 2006.
*McIntosh, Jane. The Practical Archaeologist: How we know what we know about the part. New York: Facts on File, Inc., 1986.
*Morgan, Edmund S. American Slavery American Freedom: The Ordeal of Colonial Virginia. New York: W.W. Norton & Company, 1975.
*Noel Hume, Ivor. Martin's Hundred. New York: Alfred A. Knopf, 1982.
* ... The Virginia Adventure Roanoke to James Towne: An Archaeological and Historical Odyssey. New York: Alfred A. Knopf, 1994.
*Rasmussen, William M.S. and Tilton, Robert S. Pocahontas: Her Life and Legend. Richmond: Virginia Historical Society, 1994.
*Rountree, Helen C. The Powhatan Indians of Virginia: Their Traditional Culture. Norman: University of Oklahoma Press, 1989.
* ...Pocahontas's People: The Powhatan Indians of Virginia Through Four Centuries. Norman: University of Oklahoma Press, 1983.
* ... Powhatan Foreign Relations 1500-1722. Charlottesville: University Press of Virginia, 1993.
Washburn, Wilcomb E. The Governor and the Rebel: A History of Bacon's Rebellion in Virginia. Chapel Hill: University of North Carolina Press, 1954. Out of Print. Check your local library for a copy.
Recommended Children's Books
*Bulla, Clyde Robert. A Lion To Guard Us. New York: Harper Trophy, 1981.
* ... Pocahontas and the Strangers. New York: Scholastic Inc., 1971.
Fishwick, Marshall W. Jamestown: First English Colony. New York: American Heritage Publishing Company, 1965. Out of Print. Check your local library for a copy.
*Fritz, Jean. The Double Life of Pocahontas. New York: Puffin Books, 1987.
*"Jamestown." Cobblestone: The History Magazine for Young People. Vol. 15, April 1994. New Hampshire: Cobblestone Publishing Company, 1994.
by Kirk D. Kehrberg