Tremont Parking Lot
25 East U.S. Highway 12, Chesterton, IN 46304
41.648509, -87.049308 (Decimal Degrees)
The picnic shelters are located on the north side U.S. Highway 12, approximately 1/2 mile east of State Road 49 and the Dune Park South Shore train station. There are two entrances that are 50 yards apart.
Need to Know
- Hours – Open daily from 6:00 am to 11:00 pm.
- Free – No entrance or parking fee.
- Covered picnic shelters.
- First come, first served. No advance reservations.
- Facilities – Seasonal restrooms and potable water.
- Pets – Permitted on a leash (6' or shorter).
- Prohibited – Littering, hunting, and removing plants.
- Cooking fires are permitted in the provided grills or an approved carry-in grill.An approved grill is a noncombustible container with an enclosed bottom and enclosed sides with a minimum depth of 2 inches. Charcoal must be cooled and safely disposed of in a noncombustible container or removed from the area.
- The parking lot is paved.
- Please stay in the picnic area and respect closed area signs.
- Ticks are present year-round. Take precautionary measures to prevent bites.
- Poison ivy can be present on the edges of the picnic area.
- In case of an emergency or to report a crime, call 1-800-PARK-TIP.
- The restrooms and one of the picnic shelters are wheelchair accessible.
- Take a break from driving.