Trailhead Parking Lots
East Trailhead: 540 North County Line Road, Gary, IN 46403.
West Trailhead: No parking available.
East Trailhead: 41.614961, -87.220661 (Decimal Degrees).
West Trailhead: 41.606822, -87.261051 (Decimal Degrees).
Need to Know
Hours & Information
- Trail Hours – Open daily from 6:00 am to 11:00 pm.
- Parking Lot Hours – Open daily from 6:00 am to 9:00 pm.
- Free – No entrance or parking fee.
- Ride Distance – 4.6 miles.
- Ride Time – 30 minutes.
- Difficulty – Easy
- Trail Surface – Gravel.
- Facilites – No restrooms or potable water.
- Pets – Permitted on a leash (6' or shorter).
- Prohibited – Littering, hunting, and removing plants.
- Prohibited – Motorized vehicles.
- The parking lot at the east trailhead is paved. There is a separate entrance to the parking lot off of County Line Road just north of the main West Beach entrance. Do not take the main West Beach entrance road.
- There is no parking lot or amenities at the west trailhead.
- Always wear a helmet when riding a bike.
- Please stay on the trail and respect closed area signs. Going off trail damages fragile habitat.
- Trail Surface – Gavel with standing water for much of the year. The trail is not suitable for road bikes. You will get wet and your shoes and clothes will get soaked. The gravel surface can be uneven and rough. You may have to dismount and walk your bike around these sections if you are unsure on your abilities to navigate them.
- Ticks are present year-round. Take precautionary measures to prevent bites.
- Be prepared for changing weather conditions.
- In case of an emergency or to report a crime, call 1-800-PARK-TIP.
- Trail is not wheelchair accessible.