Indiana Dunes National Lakeshore is located within a highly developed area with goods and services available at several locations. Nearby large shopping areas can be found in Michigan City along U.S. Highways 421 and 20, and in Chesterton south of Interstate 94 on Indiana State Road 49.
There are Gas Stations along the entire length of the park and are clustered near Interstate 94 exits, along U.S. Highways 12 and 20 and State Route 49.
There are several grocery stores in the area.
- Michigan City on Highway 421.
- Chesterton on State Road 49.
- Portage off Willow Creek Road south of I-80.
- Miller close to the U.S. Highways 12 and 20 intersection.
Supplies and Services
- Basic camping supplies and food can be found at many local stores. There is a gas station and convenience stores across from the Dunewood Campground. Specialty stores can be found in Michigan City, Chesterton and Portage.
- RV sales and services are located in Michigan City and Portage. Several of the manufacturers have assembly and service facilities around the South Bend area that is one hour east of the park.
- Propane tank exchanges can be found near most grocery stores and at some gas stations.