Jacob Riis Park was designed by New York City as a park in 1912. Its famous bathhouse was built in 1932 and remodeled five years later. Jacob Riis Park became part of the National Park Service when Gateway was established in 1972.
Jacob Riis Park is open daily from 6 a.m. to 9 p.m.
Swimming Beach: Lifeguards are on duty daily from 10 am to 6 pm Memorial Day weekend through Labor Day.
From the North, East, and West:
From the South (and alternate route from other directions):
Take the #2 train (#5 during rush hour) to Flatbush/Nostrand Avenue. Transfer to the Q35 bus. Select either the Fort Tilden or Jacob Riis stop after the bridge. Please note that during off season both the Q22 and Q35 both stop at Beach 149th Street. Between Memorial Day weekend and Labor Day both buses will stop inside Jacob Riis Park.
Find out more about the history of Jacob Riis Park in the links below.
Last updated: March 16, 2021