Thank you for your interest in joining the Fort Union National Monument team.
Want to help?
Become a volunteer at Fort Union National Monument. Click HERE to find out more about Volunteer opportunitites.
2018 Youth Conservation Corps Summer positions
Are you between the ages of 15 and 18, and currently enrolled in high school? Would you like to spend your summer working outdoors performing historic adobe maintenance, cleaning trails and providing fence maintenance? If you answered YES to these questions, the Youth Conservation Corps may be right for you.
Full time summer positions, 40 hours per week at $8.00 per hour
Employment will last 8 weeks: June 11-August 2, 2018
To be eligible for the Fort Union YCC Program, applicants must:
- Be between the ages of 15 (by June 11, 2018) and 19 (not to age 19 before August 2, 2018)
- Be a permanent resident of the United States, its territories or possessions.
- Be available to work 40 hours a week (7:30 a.m. - 4:00 p.m.), Monday-Friday for the full time.
- Be able to get to and from Fort Union National Monument, Watrous, NM, I-25, Exit 366 (approximately a 30 minute drive from Las Vegas)
- Posess a Social Security card prior to the first working day of the YCC program
- Have written permission of a parent or legal guardian to work
- Have a bank account in your name by the first working day of the program
Click here to download the application for the YCC summer crew. Applications must be postmarked by Friday, May 18, 2018.
Applications can be mailed to Maria Archuleta, Fort Union National Monument, P.O. Box 127, Watrous, NM 87752. You can also email the application to email@example.com. Call (505) 425-8025, ext 224 for more information.
Last updated: May 7, 2018