Terrell's Cavalry Regiment [also called 34th and 37th Regiments] was organized in June, 1863,
using Terrell's Texas Cavalry Battalion as its nucleus. The unit was assigned to H. Bee's and
Bagby's Brigade, Trans-Mississippi Department, and fought in various locations in Louisiana. In
January, 1864, it contained 25 officers and 402 men. It saw action at Mansfield, participated in the
operations against the Federal Red River Campaign, and was active at Lecompte and Yellow Bayou. During May, 1865,
the regiment disbanded at Hempstead, Texas. The field officers were Colonel Alexander W.
Terrell, Lieutenant Colonel John C. Robertson, and Majors Hiram S. Morgan and George W.