34th Cavalry Regiment [also called 2nd Texas Partisan Rangers] was assembled and accepted
into Confederate service at Tahlequah, Indian Territory, in the spring of 1862. The unit served in
Polignac's, King's, and J. E. Harrison's Brigade, Trans-Mississippi Department, and fought at
Spring River, Newtonia, Prairie
Grove, Mansfield, Pleasant Hill, and Yellow Bayou. It was included in the
surrender on June 2, 1865. The field officers were Colonels William M. Bush, John R. Russell,
and George H. Wooten, and Majors Thomas J. Dove, M.W. Davenport, and Sevier Tackett.