30th Cavalry Regiment [also called 1st Texas Partisan Rangers] was organized at Waco, Texas,
during the summer of 1862. It was formed with about 800 from Waco and Round Rock, and Hill
Country. Assigned to D.H. Cooper's, Gano's, and Parsons' Brigade, Trans-Mississippi
Department, it fought in Arkansas and later in the Indian Territory. The unit reported 16
casualties at Poison Spring
and 19 at Cabin Creek.
During May, 1865, it disbanded at Austin, Texas. Colonel Edward J. Gurley, Lieutenant Colonel
Nicholas W. Battle, and Major John H. Davenport were in command.