CONFEDERATE TENNESSEE TROOPS
Stewart's Company, Tennessee Artillery
- Stewart's Battery was organized at Camp Polk, Columbus, Tennessee, in August, 1861. Some of the men were from Hardeman County. It was stationed at Columbus, Kentucky, then served at Fort Thompson near New Madrid. This position was attacked on March 13, 1862, its guns were lost, and the company disbanded. Captain John W. Stewart was in command.
- View Battle Unit's Soldiers »