CONFEDERATE MISSOURI TROOPS
3rd Battery, Missouri Light Artillery
Gorham's-Tilden's-Lesueur's Battery [also called 3rd Battery] was formed in 1862 with
men from Laclede and Audrain Counties. The unit was assigned to Parson's and S.P. Burns'
Brigade, then W.D. Blocher's Battalion of Artillery, Trans-Mississippi Department. It was active
at Cane Hill, lost 1 killed, 8
wounded, and 3 missing at Helena, and sustained no casualties at Jenkins' Ferry. The company
totalled 43 men in May, 1862, and there were 82 fit for duty in July, 1863. Towards the end of
the war it was stationed at Camden, Arkansas, and surrendered in June, 1865. Captains James
Gorham, A.A. Tilden, and Charles B. Lesueur were in command.
- View Battle Unit's Soldiers »