Battle Unit Details

CONFEDERATE ARKANSAS TROOPS

Marshall's Battery, Arkansas Light Artillery

Overview:
Woodruff's-Marshall's Battery [also called Pulaski Artillery and, in 1864, the 3rd Field Battery] completed its organization at Little Rock, Arkansas, in July, 1861. It participated in the Battle of Wilson's Creek where 4 casualties were reported, then saw action at Elkhorn Tavern. Later it was assigned to McRae's Brigade, Trans-Mississippi Department, and fought at Prairie Grove, Helena, and Bayou Fourche. The company ended in the Reserve Battalion at Marshall, Texas. Its commanding officers were Captains J. G. Marshall and W. E. Woodruff.
Soldiers:
View Battle Unit's Soldiers »