CONFEDERATE ALABAMA TROOPS
7th Regiment, Alabama Infantry
7th Infantry Regiment, organized at Pensacola, Florida, in May, 1861, contained eight infantry and two mounted companies. Its members were from the counties of Calhoun, Madison, Chambers, Cherokee, Butler, Pike, Barbour, Jackson, Wilcox, Lauderdale, Dallas, Montgomery, and Autauga. It remained on duty at Pensacola until November, then moved to East Tennessee. Ordered to Corinth, the regiment disbanded prior to the Battle of Shiloh, as the time of service of most of the companies expired in April, 1862. The two mounted companies from Autauga and Lauderdale retained their organization and fought in the battle, then became part of the 53rd Alabama Cavalry. The remaining officers and men joined other Alabama commands. Its field officers were Colonel S.A.M. Wood, Lieutenant Colonel John G. Coltart, and Major Alfred A. Russell.
- View Battle Unit's Soldiers »