- Located in Ventura County.
- Fourteen miles from Ventura.
- Five miles long and 1/4 mile wide.
- Average rainfall is between eight and thirteen inches per year.
- Supports 265 species of plants, including two found only on Anacapa and 20 found only on the Channel Islands.
- The Anacapa deer mouse is only found on Anacapa Island.
- West Anacapa is home to the largest breeding colony of California brown pelicans.
- Scripps's murrelet colonies are recovering following rat eradication in 2002.
- Frenchy LeDreau lived at Frenchys Cove from 1928 to 1956.
- The Anacapa lighthouse, turned on in 1932, was the last permanent lighthouse built on the West Coast.
- Harbor seals and California sea lions rest and breed on the island.
- Home to 30 sea caves.