Welcome to Buffalo National River's virtual scavenger hunt! This virtual scavenger hunt is designed to help you learn about some of the diverse natural and cultural resources that exist within the park. Open a new tab and go to www.nps.gov/buff to begin the virtual scavenger hunt. After reading the questions below, navigate through the Buffalo National River website to learn about America’s First National River and answer the questions. We hope that you learn a little something about the park and have some fun while doing it!
Scavenger Hunt Questions
1. In 2019, the Buffalo National River gained status as an ________________ ________________ ________________ ________________. (Hint: Explore the Things To Do section of the website)
2. What is the name of the topography that typically forms as a result of dissolution of limestone and dolomite to form features like caves, sinkholes, and springs. (Hint: Explore the Natural Features & Ecosystems section of the website)
4. The historic cabins and lodge at Buffalo Point were built by the _________________ _________________ _________________ between 1938 and 1945. (Hint: Explore the History & Culture section of the website)
7. What are the seven Leave No Trace Principles?
8. What period is considered the earliest confirmed period of human occupation in the Ozarks? (Hint: Explore the History & Culture section of the website)
9. Several types of vegetation types exist at Buffalo National River. Can you name three of them? (Hint: Explore the Nature section of the website)
10. Rocks fall into three categories, metamorphic, sedimentary, or igneous. Which of these rock types formed the Ozark Plateau millions of years ago? (Hint: Explore the Environmental Factors section of the website)
Last updated: April 29, 2020