America the Beautiful Pass

National Parks and Federal Recreation Lands Pass

**Please note, America the Beautiful - the National Parks and Federal Recreational Lands Pass can NOT be purchased at Brown v. Board of Education National Historic Site. The nearest national park that sells the pass is Harry S Truman National Historic Site in Independence, Missouri.**

The America the Beautiful Pass is an annual pass that provides admission to any national park charging an entrance fee, as well as many other federal recreation sites. The pass costs $80 and is valid for one full year from month of purchase.

If you are 62 or older or receive disability benefits, you may be eligible for the Annual Senior pass, Lifetime Senior pass, or Access pass. In addition, a Volunteer Pass is awarded to those individuals with more than 250+ hours on recreation lands managed by one or more of five agencies as a way to say "thank you!"

The Annual Pass-Military is available for FREE to U.S. military members and their dependents in the Army, Navy, Air Force, Marines, and Coast Guard, as well as most members of the U.S. Reserves and National Guard. Proper military ID is required and the pass must be obtained in person at Federal recreation sites that charge entrance or standard amenity fees.

America the Beautiful Pass admits the pass owner and any accompanying passengers in a private vehicle* if a park has a per vehicle entrance fee. Where a per person entrance fee is charged, the America the Beautiful Pass admits the pass owner and three accompanying adults age 16 and older. The pass is non-refundable, non-transferable and cannot be replaced if lost or stolen. The pass does NOT cover or reduce use fees such as charges for camping, parking, tours, and concessions.

The America the Beautiful Pass can be purchased four ways:

1) At participating Federal recreation sites, including any national park where an entrance fee is charged, and at participating park book stores operated by cooperating associations.

2) Online through the U.S. Geological Service (USGS) website.

3) By calling 1-888-ASK-USGS and press 1.

4) By sending an email to the USGS.

For more information, please visit the America the Beautiful Pass Frequently Asked Questions page.

*A private vehicle is defined as any noncommercial vehicle that is being used for private recreational purposes.

Last updated: June 29, 2018

Contact the Park

Mailing Address:

1515 SE Monroe Street
Topeka, KS 66612-1143


(785) 354-4273

Contact Us