Security Bank Building, South Dakota
Built in 1916 in downtown Sioux Falls, South Dakota, the Security Bank Building created a substantial presence. The bank became famous after the John Dillinger Gang robbed the establishment in 1934. Since that time, the building has undergone several renovations, including the total removal of its original two story banking lobby in the 1970s.
The completed $6.4 million rehabilitation restored the lobby, once again creating a grand space. The upper floors were rehabilitated for office space for new tenants. The project also restored the existing windows and cleaned the stone façade. This rehabilitation has returned the building to a position of luxury and prominence in downtown Sioux Falls.