July 2018 - The July 2018 issue of Early Detection News is now available. Brought to you by the Invasive Species Early Detection (ISED) Program, this newsletter has the latest on invasive plants in the Bay Area. July surveys were conducted at Point Reyes National Seashore and John Muir National Historic Site. Highlights in this issue include:
- Small patch of yellow star thistle discovered and removed from the shoulder of Sacramento Landing Road in Point Reyes;
- Small patch of small leaf spiderwort mapped near Sacramento Landing Road in Point Reyes;
- Patch of mourningbride re-treated along the Bayview Trail in Point Reyes;
- Several new occurrences of poroporo recorded in Point Reyes; and
- Persistent stinkwort infestation mapping and control at John Muir.