Fuller Paint Company, Utah
The rehabilitation of the 1922 W.P. Fuller Paint Building successfully paired the Federal Historic Rehabilitation Tax Incentives with LEED certification. This former office and warehouse building now serves as the corporate headquarters for Big D Construction. The project includes a number of green design features including the introduction of a new skylight and atrium to increase daylight in the center of the building and the onsite re-use of 75% of the 2 million pounds of debris removed from the warehouse during the project.
In particular, the concrete removed for the building’s new atrium was recycled for the parking lot. In addition to these notable green design features, the building also retained and preserved historic features that are key to maintaining the character of the property. Major interior and exterior features were repaired including large octagonal structural columns, steel window sash, fire doors, and shutters.