The partnership brings together the efforts of the National Park Foundation, National Park Service (NPS), Department of Energy and now BMW of North America to make electric vehicles a feasible option for travel to national parks. The availability of this option will help reduce air pollution in parks and gateway communities and allow drivers to channel their inner Thomas Edison as they perhaps choose an electric vehicle for the first time.
The Denver Service Center was instrumental in many facets including:
- Helping with the overall agreement
- Protecting NPS interest and minimizing risk
- Generating interest among candidate parks
- Developing introductory materials and project/program requirements for candidate parks
- Site vetting and preparation of site inventory reports
- Scheduling and more