Part of a series of articles titled Lewis and Clark Trail 2021 Annual Report.
About this article: This article was originally published in the Lewis and Clark National Historic Trail 2021 Annual Report.
LewisandClark.Travel Program Launch
Unveiled in July 2021, a new online trip-planning portal, LewisandClark.travel helps visitors learn more about the host communities, local businesses, and attractions located along the 4,900-mile trail that runs from Pittsburgh to the Pacific Ocean.
Historic and cultural sites and businesses in communities along the Lewis and Clark Trail can register by visiting LewisandClark.travel.
LewisandClark.travel is a partner website operated by Solimar International.
2021 LewisandClark.Travel Program Highlights
- The website LewisandClark.travel launched on July 19, 2021 to highlight sustainable tourism offerings along the Lewis and Clark National Historic Trail.
- Over 2,000 individual sites and attractions have been published live to the interactive map guide in helping to achieve the goal of building a bridge between historical points and current cultural attractions inside communities along the trail.
- Eleven expert seminars conducted and made available online at LewisandClark.travel.
- Five webinars were hosted in 2021 to support promotional efforts along the Lewis and Clark National Historic Trail.
- Monthly newsletters were written and sent to 900+ partners along the Lewis and Clark Trail.
- Professional marketing/promo video and five social media shorts were produced and shared widely.
- Public relations efforts have brought the Lewis and Clark National Historic Trail to the forefront via six different travel stories in six different periodicals.
- A content library is in development to highlight specific destinations/communities along the trail.
- Identified Bike route for Eastern section from Pittsburgh, PA. to St Louis, MO.
- Launched a new internship program to support the Geotourism Program.
Wellknown Buffalo Tipi Stays
Tipi Stays are part of the Cultural Immersion opportunity visitors experience at the Wellknown Buffalo Living Culture Campus on the Crow Reservation in Montana.
Dickey's Farm Store
Dickey’s Farm Store is a staple in Bingen, Washington. The store has been providing stellar local produce, eggs, fruit, cheeses, amazing pies, and a great wine selection to locals and travelers for years – since 1867, as a matter of fact.
United Tribes Technical College International Powwow
The United Tribes Technical College International Powwow is held every second weekend in September. Judges selected by the powwow committee evaluate performances based on performers' knowledge and skill of their category; keeping time with the drum; and regalia.
Last updated: January 25, 2022