African Burial Ground National Monument is located in an urban setting.
- Be careful crossing busy streets.
- Watch your step on uneven surfaces.
- Guard your valuables.
- In an emergency, call 911.
To help protect park resources and ensure a safe and enjoyable visit for everyone, please follow park rules and posted regulations.
- Pets are not allowed within the outdoor memorial or indoor visitor center, unless a designated service animal.
- Please dispose of your garbage in trash containers prior to entering the outdoor memorial and indoor visitor center.
- Bicycles are not allowed within the outdoor memorial or indoor visitor center.
- All visitors must pass through airport-style security to enter the indoor visitor center within the Ted Weiss Federal Building.