Yosemite National Park Invites Public to Open House (May 2007)
May 16, 2007
The National Park Service welcomes those interested to attend an Open House in Yosemite Valley on Wednesday, May 30, 2007 from 1:00pm to 5:00pm in the Yosemite Valley Visitor Center Auditorium.
The public is invited to the Open House to:
- Talk to park staff and listen to presentations given throughout the day
- Access the latest news on various park projects
- Review newly released documents and reports
- Submit comments on proposed projects and ongoing implementation efforts
Planning efforts and projects that will be represented at this Open House are:
- Merced Wild and Scenic River Comprehensive Management Plan
The public is welcome to share their scoping comments at this official Merced River Plan public scoping meeting.
Public scoping for the Merced River Plan began on March 30, 2007 and will run until June 9, 2007.
- Tuolumne Wild and Scenic River Comprehensive Management Plan
- Wawona Tunnel View Overlook Rehabilitation Project
- El Portal Road Reconstruction
- Glacier Point Road Rehabilitation Project
- Invasive Plant Management Plan
- Environmental Education Campus
To learn more about ongoing projects, add your name to the park's planning mailing list and receive the Planning Update newsletter as well as other planning-related notices, or submit your email address to receive Yosemite National Park's periodic electronic newsletter:
- Mail: Superintendent
Attn: Planning Mailing List
Yosemite National Park
P.O. Box 577
Yosemite, CA 95389
- Fax: 209/379-1294
- Email: YOSE_Planning@nps.gov
- Web: www.nps.gov/yose/planning
Visitors attending the Open House will have the entrance fee waived. If unable to attend, refer to the Yosemite National Park web site for a schedule of future Open House dates.