Study the Scientist: A Botanist
Botanist Martin Hutten, who is the manager of Yosemite National Park's invasive plant program, joined the park in 2008 after working at Craters of the Moon National Monument & Preserve in Idaho and Olympic and North Cascades national parks in Washington. (4 minutes 23 seconds)
View Yosemite's other "Study the Scientist" videos to watch resource rangers describe their jobs.
- See wildlife biologist Sarah Stock, who specializes in ornithology
- See social scientist Bret Meldrum, who studies the quality of a visitor's park experience
- See fire archeologist Jun Kinoshita, who functions as a firefighter and an archeologist
- See historical architect George Jaramillo, who preserves the park's historical structures
- See hydrologist Jim Roche, who protects water resources, including Wild & Scenic Rivers