HISTORIC JOHN RAY HOUSE CLOSED DURING ROOF REPLACEMENT
The Ray House will be closed for tours while a new cedar shake roof is installed. We regret the inconvenience, but the work is necessary for the preservation of the structure. The work is scheduled to begin July 7 and continue for three to four weeks.
Note: For those visitors using GPS devices, the battlefield's physical address is 6424 West Farm Road 182, Republic, Missouri.
From U.S. Highway 65 (north of Springfield): exit on James River Expressway (U.S. Highway 60). Continue west on James River Expressway PAST the Missouri Highway FF/Battlefield exit. Take the U.S. Highway 60 (Republic) exit. Turn left (south) on U.S. Highway 60. Continue 2 miles to Missouri Highway M and turn left. Continue east on Highway M for 1/2 mile. Turn right at the traffic light onto Missouri Highway ZZ and travel 1 and 1/2 mile to Farm Road 182 (Elm Street). Turn left; the entrance to the battlefield is on the right.
From U.S. Highway 65 (south of Springfield, Branson and the lakes area): turn left on Missouri Highway 14 at Ozark. Continue west on Highway 14 through the town of Nixa to Missouri Highway ZZ. Follow ZZ north to Farm Road 182 (Elm Street). Turn right; the entrance to the battlefield is on the right.
Did You Know?
The Wilson's Creek Foundation, a local grass-roots organization, began the preservation of the battlefield by raising $1,600 and purchasing 37 acres of Bloody Hill in 1951.