Fort Caroline Closed on November 2nd
Fort Caroline National Memorial including Spanish Pond will be closed to the public on Sunday November 2nd, 2014. The visitor center and trails will reopen on Monday the 3rd of November. The Theodore Roosevelt Area and Ribault Column will remain open.
All educational groups need to make a reservation.
- Reservations are taken on a first-call basis.
- Ranger-led programs are limited to 35 students and are offered at Fort Caroline and Kingsley Plantation.
- Self-guided programs may have up to 60 students.
Sites that accommodate educational groups include:
- Fort Caroline
- Kingsley Plantation
- Ribault Club (a Florida Park Service site located near Kingsley Plantation)
When you call to make a reservation:
- Have a program in mind.
- Have a date in mind.
- Call the appropriate site.
- Have questions ready!
- Plan to be on the phone for about five minutes.
Call and speak with a ranger:
- Fort Caroline, 904.641.7155
- Kingsley Plantation, 904.251.3537 or 3626
- Ribault Club, 904.251.2802
Did You Know?
Timucua women wore skirts made from cured Spanish moss, which is not a moss at all but a member of the bromeliad family. More...