South Unit Visitor Center is open daily, year-round.
South Unit Visitor Center
Location: South Unit entrance in Medora.
Hours: Daily, year-round, 8:00 a.m. - 4:30 p.m. MT
Summer hours: 8:00 a.m. - 6:00 p.m. MT
Closed Thanksgiving, Christmas, and New Year's Day.
- Museum including Theodore Roosevelt collections, exhibits on history, natural history, and geology
- Maltese Cross Cabin
- Free, 17-minute park film, "Refuge of the American Spirit"
- Staffed information desk
- Theodore Roosevelt Nature and History Association Bookstore
- Drinking fountain
- Park rangers present a variety of programs June through mid-September. Check at the visitor center or on park bulletin boards for dates, times, and more information.
- Visitor Center, Maltese Cross Cabin, and restroom facilities are wheelchair accessible.