Begin your visit at the Visitor Center, which is the farthest limestone building to the south. Entrance to the visitor center is on the left side of the breezeway.
Please continue to call ahead (620-273-8494) for tour availability.
The preserve hiking trails are open 24 hours a day, year-round.
Summer Season - March through October
Buildings Open Seven Days a Week
8:30 a.m. - 4:30 p.m.
Winter Season - November through February
Buildings Open Monday through Saturday
9 a.m. - 4:30 p.m.
Buildings Closed on Sundays
The preserve buildings will be closed for the following holidays:
- November 11, 2013 (Veteran's Day)
- November 28, 2013 (Thanksgiving Day)
- December 25, 2013 (Christmas Day)
- January 1, 2014 (New Year's Day)
- January 20, 2014 (Martin Luther King Jr's. birthday)
- February 17, 2014 (President's Day)
- October 13, 2014 (Columbus Day)
- November 11, 2014 (Veteran's Day)
- November 27, 2014 (Thanksgiving Day)
- December 25, 2014 (Christmas Day)
A downloadable self-guiding tour map is available to visit the site year-round. The visitor information desk is located in our new visitor center. Exhibits, brochures, and a 10-minute audio visual program are available year-round.
Visitors may obtain maps and orientation at the visitor center located south of the historic limestone barn.
- Visiting After Hours - The ranch driveway gate and buildings close at 4:30 p.m. If parking in the handicap parking area on the hill near the barn, please move your vehicle to the lower parking area if you will be visiting beyond 4:30 p.m.
The ranch headquarters area and building exteriors are accessible through walk-through gates and self-guiding walking tour brochure located in the kiosk at the base of the driveway.
Hiking trails are open 24 hours; no camping or open flame.
Phone 620-273-8494 and follow the prompts. Press 0 for the ranger at the information desk.