Northern Mariana Islands Parks
American Memorial Park honors the American and Marianas people who gave their lives during the Marianas Campaign of World War II. 5,204 names are inscribed on a memorial which was dedicated during the 50th Anniversary of the Invasion of Saipan. Within the 133-acre boundary are white beaches, sporting areas, picnic sites, playgrounds, walkways, and a 30-acre protected wetland and mangrove forest.
By The Numbers
- 38 National Register of Historic Places listings »
- 509 hours donated by volunteers »
- 2 National Historic Landmarks »
- $409,859 in Land & Water Conservation Fund grants (since 1965) »
- $8,965,257 in historic preservation grants (since 1969) »
- 100,065 objects in national park museum collections »
- 2 threatened and endangered species in national parks »
- 1 Discover Our Shared Heritage travel itinerary »
- Download the summary »
These numbers are just a sample of the National Park Service's work. Figures are for the fiscal year that ended 9/30/14.