Northern Mariana Islands
American Memorial Park
Northern Mariana Islands Parks
American Memorial Park honors the American and Marianas people who gave their lives during the Marianas Campaign of World War II. 5,204 names are inscribed on a memorial which was dedicated during the 50th Anniversary of the Invasion of Saipan. Within the 133-acre boundary are white beaches, sporting areas, picnic sites, playgrounds, walkways, and a 30-acre protected wetland and mangrove forest.
By The Numbers
- 38 National Register of Historic Places listings »
- 4,390 hours donated by volunteers »
- 2 National Historic Landmarks »
- $409,859 in Land & Water Conservation Fund grants (since 1965) »
- $8,554,426 in historic preservation grants (since 1969) »
- 100,065 objects in national park museum collections »
- 2 threatened and endangered species in national parks »
- 1 Discover Our Shared Heritage travel itinerary »
- Download the summary »
These numbers are just a sample of the National Park Service's work. Figures are for the fiscal year that ended 9/30/13.