Hyde Street Pier Closed Mondays through Thursdays (July 24 - August 20)
For public safety, Hyde Street Pier will be closed mid-pier Mondays - Thursdays from July 24 - August 20 during replacement of Eureka's mooring piles. There is no access to the historic ships. The visitor center, Maritime Museum & Aquatic Park are open. More »
Sargent Claude Johnson: Created artwork for the Aquatic Park Bathhouse Building (Maritime Museum)
Black Newsman Went to Sea on the Admiral Line
NPS SAFR 22386
George S. Payne: Sailor, Solider, Journalist: He sailed on the first four voyages of the Niantic.
"Whitehead Pete" and Hilda Nelson: Nelson owned the C.A.Thayer 1912-1925
James Lee Hicks: Modified and refined the single cylinder, four-stroke gasoline engine
Did You Know?
Loading ports are small, watertight doors in a ship's hull that lead directly into the hold. Lumber could be more easily loaded into the hold through these ports rather than through the smaller hatches on the deck. These ports had to be caulked shut before the ship put to sea. More...