No matter what the season, visits to the stunning wilderness of Rocky Mountain National Park require planning and preparation. Here are some tips to ensure a great visit:
- Rocky Mountain National Park is open 24 hours a day year-round. Visitors can enter or exit any time.
- Summer is the busiest time of year.
- No lodging is available inside the park, but hundreds of accommodations are located in nearby communities.
- Camping reservations inside the park and lodging reservations in gateway communities are highly recommended.
- This is a high elevation park. Trail Ridge Road crests over 12,000 feet. Visitors from lower altitudes can experience the effects of thinner air, as less oxygen is available. Take time to acclimate before undertaking strenuous activities.
- Upon arrival, stop by one of the park visitor centers for up-to-date information on everything from road conditions to hiking trails and ranger-led programs.