Are you planning an adventure here at Rocky?
We want to help you plan your visit.
No matter what the season, visits to the stunning wilderness in Rocky Mountain National park requires planning and preparation. This "Plan Your Visit" section has all kinds of helpful tips about:
Basic Park Information
Directions & Transportation
Eating & Sleeping
Places To Go
Things To Do
Here are some additional tips to ensure a great visit:
- Rocky Mountain National Park is open 24 hours a day year-round. Visitors can enter or exit any time.
- Summer is the busiest time of year.
- No lodging is available inside the park, but hundreds of accommodations are located in nearby communities.
- Camping reservations inside the park and lodging reservations in gateway communities are highly recommended.
- This is a high elevation park. Trail Ridge Road crests over 12,000 feet. Visitors from lower altitudes can experience the effects of thinner air, as less oxygen is available. Take time to acclimate before undertaking strenuous activities.
- Upon arrival, stop by one of the park visitor centers for up-to-date information on everything from road conditions to hiking trails and ranger-led programs.